“Shop Small ®” and Support Mom-and-Pop Shops on Small Business Saturday
The sun is about to set on Black Friday, and rise on Small Business Saturday; a day to embrace local businesses that create jobs, boost the economy and promote vibrant communities across the country.
For the second year in a row we are proud to join American Express in encouraging all of us to “Shop Small” and visit our local small businesses today, November 24th. As part of this effort, FedEx distributed 40,000 $25 American Express gift cards totaling $1 million via our FedEx Facebook page to boost the small business economy during this critical holiday shopping season. We know how critical small businesses are to all of us, and we hope you’ll join us in showing support for their continued success today and all year round.
Why “Shop Small?”
According to a 2011 American Express survey, shopping small on November 24th helps:
- Grow our economy: Nearly nine in ten Americans believe small business success is critical to the health of the U.S. economy.
- Strengthen local communities: America’s roughly 28 million small businesses are a major driver of success for local communities, according to 89% of consumers
- Create jobs: Small businesses create more than half of U.S. jobs and represent more than 99.7 percent of all U.S. employers. (Source: Small Business Administration)
So help us give back to these small businesses that are such an essential part of our communities and our economy.
Here at FedEx, our involvement in Small Business Saturday is just part of our continued commitment to helping the small business community thrive by creating connections and finding new opportunities local neighborhoods and across the globe. We recently launched our first-ever nationwide small business grant competition which will award a total of $50,000 to six deserving U.S. small businesses. The top winner will receive a $25,000 grant and the remaining five winners will receive grants of $5,000 each. The top six small businesses—including the grand prize winner—will be announced in January.
Happy shopping and remember to shop “small!”
* Required fields
About This Blogger
Other Posts by Laurie Tucker
- Cyber Monday & Beyond: Navigating the Online Holiday Shopping Season
- November 26, 2012 - 6:56 am
- “Shop Small ®” and Support Mom-and-Pop Shops on Small Business Saturday
- November 23, 2012 - 2:29 pm
- E-Commerce and the Secrets for Small Business Survival
- November 21, 2012 - 6:54 am