FedEx Express Flight 80
By now you may have heard or seen reports that FedEx Express Flight 80 (MD-11) from Guangzhou to Narita was involved in a major incident upon landing. The incident occurred at about 2200Z, Sunday, March 22 (5 pm CST; just before 7 a.m. local time at Narita). Two crew members were onboard.
Sadly, I have to share the terrible news that our flight crew did not survive. The loss pains all of us at FedEx. Our deepest sympathies go out to the family and friends of our crew. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers.
The cause of the incident is under investigation by authorities. A FedEx team is on its way to Japan as we seek to determine the cause of this tragic incident.
Thank you for your support as we work through this situation.
* Required fields
About This Blogger
Other Posts by David Bronczek
- FedEx Express Ranked Among “World’s Best Multinational Workplaces”
- October 28, 2011 - 9:11 am
- FedEx Team Members Delivering Help & Hope
- January 15, 2010 - 9:43 pm
- Celebrating 35 Years of Service and Commitment to Safety in Minnesota
- November 16, 2009 - 12:57 pm
- FedEx Express Flight 80
- March 23, 2009 - 8:47 am