Introducing FedEx Ship to Friends: the Preferred App for Social Shipping
On October 28, we launched an innovative shipping application in Facebook, FedEx® Ship to Friends, enabling our customers to ship packages directly from their Facebook page, and distinguishing FedEx as an industry leader in the social marketplace. This holiday season, we’re excited to see the difference that shipping directly from Facebook can make for our customers and our company.
The FedEx Ship to Friends application gives Facebook users an easy, more personalized tool for creating shipments. Customer information is populated automatically in the return field, and users have the option to select names and addresses from their Facebook friends list. The application is available anywhere Facebook is accessible, including tablets and smart phones.
Wireless shipping is by no means unfamiliar terrain for FedEx. Our previous set of electronic services included shipping from fedex.com as well as the FedEx app for iPads, iPhones, and Android devices. While we continue to offer these options, the addition of the FedEx Ship to Friends Facebook application to our suite of services opens new doors to younger market audiences.
Generation Y (or Millennial) customers are increasingly conducting their lives — and their market activities — online, particularly on social networking sites. A recent study concluded that the average Millennial spends 33 hours per month on Facebook and similar sites.* Birthday wishes, notes, restaurant recommendations, engagement announcements — these exchanges once took place over phone calls and personal visits. Now we send them through our social networking sites.
Other industries have already begun to recognize the vast potential for their brands and businesses in social networking sites. FedEx is proud to be the first of its kind to offer a social shipping service, and thrilled for the opportunity to reach customers in new and exciting ways.
Things to Know About the FedEx Ship to Friends App
When shipping with FedEx Ship to Friends app, consider these requirements and restrictions:
- U.S. domestic shipments only (within the 50 states and District of Columbia).
- A selection of FedEx Express® and FedEx Ground® services only.
- Shipments over 150 lbs. and multiple-package shipments are not supported.
- Payment by credit or debit card only. Shipments cannot be billed to a FedEx account number.
- Shipments must be dropped off at a FedEx location. Scheduled pickups are not supported.
- Customer packaging only.
- No Saturday delivery option.
- No dangerous goods, hazardous materials, or alcohol shipments.
To start using the new FedEx Ship to Friends app click here.
*PMN/Pace University’s Lubin School of Business’ IDM Lab, October 2009
* Required fields
About This Blogger
Other Posts by Charlie Ciaramitaro
- FedEx Ship to Friends App Makes Holiday Shipping Friendlier
- December 7, 2012 - 8:02 am
- Introducing FedEx Ship to Friends: the Preferred App for Social Shipping
- November 20, 2012 - 2:43 pm