FedEx Ship to Friends App Makes Holiday Shipping Friendlier
If you’re a Facebook user caught in the midst of yearend holiday gift giving, you may be grateful to discover the ease and convenience of the FedEx Ship to Friends app. With it you can create a shipment, pay for it, and generate your shipping label without leaving Facebook (U.S. only). It’s also available in a mobile version.
Launched in October, the FedEx Ship to Friends app is an innovative, social shipping solution for U.S. Facebook users. It especially embraces the user habits of Gen Y and millennial consumers who typically spend an average 33 hours a month on social media.
The FedEx Ship to Friends app is streamlined, easy, and simple to navigate. It can be a great holiday timesaver.
How it works
Simply log in to Facebook and go to the FedEx portal. You’ll see your name and picture already in the sender section.
Select the friend you wish to ship to, and his or her name and image will appear in the “ship to” area.
Provide any additional information required, make your payment, and print the shipping label.
You even have the option of posting a Facebook notification that you sent a package and to whom. For example, “John Smith (sender) just sent a package to Tom Smith (recipient) using FedEx Ship to Friends.”
Things To Know About the FedEx Ship to Friends App
When shipping with FedEx Ship to Friends app, consider these requirements and restrictions:
- U.S. domestic shipments only (within the 50 states and District of Columbia).
- A selection of FedEx Express and FedEx Ground services only.
- Shipments over 150 lbs. and multiple-package shipments are not supported.
- Payment by credit or debit card only. Shipments cannot be billed to a FedEx account number.
- Shipments must be dropped off at a FedEx location. Scheduled pickups are not supported.
- Customer packaging only.
- No Saturday delivery option.
- No dangerous goods, hazardous materials, or alcohol shipments.
When it’s time to send those holiday treats or ship your gifts, make the experience easier and friendlier. Use FedEx Ship to Friends on Facebook. To access the new FedEx Ship to Friends app click here.
(If you need to make a shipment not currently supported by the FedEx Ship to Friends app, go to fedex.com.)
* Required fields
About This Blogger
Other Posts by Charlie Ciaramitaro
- FedEx Ship to Friends App Makes Holiday Shipping Friendlier
- December 7, 2012 - 8:02 am
- Introducing FedEx Ship to Friends: the Preferred App for Social Shipping
- November 20, 2012 - 2:43 pm