FedEx Branded Phishing Email – We hear you!
For 40 years, FedEx has worked tirelessly to become one of the most trusted brands in the world. Sadly, we regularly witness and receive reports on cybercriminals exploiting the trusted FedEx brand to increase the likelihood someone will fall victim to a phishing email.
These phishing emails typically contain either a malicious attachment or a weaponized link embedded within an email message. Just one wrong click on either a malicious attachment or link could infect your system.
Some phishing emails also request information from a potential victim. Remember, FedEx does not send unsolicited emails to customers requesting information regarding packages, invoices, account numbers, passwords or personal information.
We have taken steps to reduce FedEx branded phishing campaigns by putting technologies in place to provide authenticity to our outbound emails and suppress more than 55 million phony FedEx emails from reaching would-be targets to date.
However, one of our most effective tools in combating phishing attacks is you! Here are three steps you can take to avoid falling victim to a phishing campaign:
- Visit the FedEx Customer Protection Center, your online resource to learn more about fraud and FedEx branded phishing email. Learn how you can protect yourself from fraudulent online activity and the solutions FedEx has put in place to help protect you.
- Check out news alert items on the fedex.com main page for specific information on active phishing campaigns.
- Report any suspected FedEx-branded phishing email by forwarding to email@example.com. These emails are analyzed by my team and directly aid our efforts to thwart phishing attempts.
FedEx strives to provide a safe, secure online environment for our customers. We appreciate your trust in the FedEx brand, and we value you as a customer.
* Required fields
About This Blogger
Other Posts by Denise Wood
- Is There More Than One of YOU Online?
- February 13, 2014 - 11:22 am
- Keeping your Children Safe Online – Have you had the ‘Digital Talk’?
- January 6, 2014 - 6:50 am
- FedEx Branded Phishing Email – We hear you!
- April 8, 2013 - 5:41 am