The Chase is On: Cheer for the FedEx Team this Fall
Hello race fans! It’s that time of year again, when all the hard work put in by our FedEx team throughout the season will hopefully pay off in the Chase for the Sprint Cup championship.
I’m excited for this year’s Chase because I think our team has a great shot at winning it all. Darian Grubb, my crew chief, has put together a championship-caliber team and we have all the pieces in place to make a run for the big prize.
We’re starting the Chase as the top seed, thanks to our four wins during the regular season. I’m encouraged because our wins came on all different types of race tracks -- two of which we will go back to in the Chase. We won earlier this year at Phoenix, a unique mile-long race track, and Kansas, a mile-and-a-half track, two places we’ll visit during these next 10 weeks. Our other two wins came in the last three weeks -- at Bristol and Atlanta -- giving us a lot of momentum heading into Chicago this weekend.
This is my 7th season competing in the Chase, and I have learned something from each year that I will try to apply this time around. The Sprint Cup Series is so competitive that you can’t afford to have any bad weeks in the Chase. Hopefully we can maximize our finish each race and capitalize on opportunities to win races for the extra bonus points. We saw last year in the battle between Tony Stewart and Carl Edwards that every point counts.
I want to personally thank all of the FedEx team members for their support of me and the race team throughout the season. I was fortunate enough to visit a handful of FedEx locations this year, and getting to meet so many of you really motivates me to perform my best on the race track.
You can become a part of the FedEx Racing team by posting a comment below, and it may be put on our pit wall banner for the Kansas race on Oct. 21.
Again, thank you for the support of the #11 team and I’ll see you in Victory Lane!
* Selected comments submitted by Oct. 9 will be placed on a pit wall banner along with your first name, if provided. Please limit the number of characters in your message so we can include as many messages as possible.
* Required fields
About This Blogger
Other Posts by Denny Hamlin
- Hello FedEx Team Members!
- February 15, 2013 - 3:12 pm
- The Chase is On: Cheer for the FedEx Team this Fall
- September 14, 2012 - 9:24 am
- The FedEx Racing Team Wants to Hear From You
- October 20, 2010 - 8:35 am
- Denny Hamlin and Joe Gibbs Racing Salute FedEx Team Members
- October 20, 2009 - 4:23 pm