Renewing the American Green
Green space matters. From rooftops to riverside parks, cities around the U.S. are renewing urban centers and engaging their people in their community "backyard." As a former resident of New York City and a new resident to Raleigh, parks are what make these places feel like home, providing opportunities for recreation, meditation and learning.
Last spring, FedEx launched EarthSmart Outreach, environmental philanthropy and volunteer programs strategically aligned with business goals. Through our work with the National Fish & Wildlife Foundation, we completed urban conservation projects in six U.S. cities (see Parks & Re-Creation). In 2011, we will extend that work into six new cities and involve hundreds of employees, customers and community members to renew their urban spaces. The goal is to make communities cleaner, healthier and more efficient while leveraging the skills and expertise of FedEx team members.
We are proud of the role we can play in creating the next generation of American cities, creating communities that are both economically and environmentally viable. We hope you will join us in our work to renew the American green.
* Required fields
About This Blogger
Other Posts by
- Keep the Holidays Happy and Bright — Tips for Keeping Packages Safe
- November 26, 2014 - 9:35 am
- The Great American Smokeout
- November 26, 2014 - 9:22 am
- Top Five IT Tips for Small Businesses ‘Going Global’
- November 25, 2014 - 2:14 pm
- Son Struck by Police Car 20 Years Ago Continues to Influence Mom's Giving Back
- November 24, 2014 - 10:45 am