The Memphis World HUB
It's 1:45 a.m. and on a Saturday morning and I am at the center of FedEx's World HUB. For those of you not familiar with the terminology, the World HUB is FedEx's original package sort facility in MEM which sorts over 1.4 mm packages a night. Tonight there are about 12,000 employees here who will take care of our customers shipments while most of our customers are sleeping.
I was fortunate to start here as a hourly employee 28 years ago and through hard work and our great promotion from within philosophy I am now the Vice President of this facility. This is home for me.
I have worked in many different areas for FedEx but there is no place like the HUB. In upcoming posts, I'll share with you what it is like to be a part of this great team as well as what it is like to be in an operation that is so well engineered and executed that every night is like the two minute drill in football. The sort is almost over and soon our planes will be headed to over 140 destinations around the world.
I gotta go.
* Required fields
About This Blogger
Other Posts by John Dunavant
- VIDEO: Delivering Education with Teach for America
- June 24, 2014 - 2:50 pm
- Facility Expansion and Infrastructure Improvements Continue at MEM World HUB
- June 4, 2012 - 3:14 pm
- NBC Show Highlights the Stories That Make FedEx Great
- February 17, 2012 - 6:41 am
- Recognizing the People Who Run the World's Best Cargo Hub
- October 21, 2010 - 10:27 am