First FedEx Flight Direct to Haiti with Relief Supplies Departs
The first FedEx Express direct flight to Haiti departs from Miami International Airport with food and water for the Haiti Earthquake victims. The FedEx Express Boeing freighter will deliver up to 40,000 pounds of relief supplies donated by local, Florida nonprofit organizations. Juan Cento, FedEx Express President, Latin America and Caribbean Division will be on-site for media interviews.
The flight left on Sunday, January 17, 2010 at approximately 9:30am EST from the FedEx Express Gateway Hub.
In response to the earthquake in Haiti, FedEx is providing more than $1 million in cash and in-kind support to several global charities. The support will be used by the following designated relief organizations: the American Red Cross, Heart to Heart International, Direct Relief International, World Vision, and Water Missions International. Over the coming days, several hundred tons of supplies – including water purification systems, food, medical aid, and more – will be delivered to support disaster relief efforts on the ground in Port-au-Prince and the surrounding areas.
* Required fields
About This Blogger
Other Posts by
- Empowering Children to become Road Safety Advocates
- September 3, 2014 - 1:11 pm
- Innovation: The Key to Entrepreneurial Success
- September 3, 2014 - 10:21 am
- Super Bowl Lemonade Stand Makes a Splash!
- February 11, 2013 - 7:14 am
- An Interview with Rick Smolan, creator of THE HUMAN FACE OF BIG DATA
- December 4, 2012 - 11:01 am