FedEx Expands Service in Mexico
Yesterday FedEx Express issued a press release announcing it is increasing service capabilities in Mexico both domestically and internationally.
The announcement goes on to say::
“FedEx is currently expanding its air cargo terminal and bonded warehouse facility at Miguel Hidalgo y Costilla International Airport in Guadalajara, Jalisco, which serves as a principal center of operations for FedEx Express international and domestic shipments in Mexico.
In addition, FedEx has opened a new hub in San Luis Potos, to support "FedEx Express Nacional" the company's domestic express service in Mexico launched in October 2008.”
Some key statistics about FedEx Express in Mexico:
- The FedEx Guadalajara facility expansion will add more than 41,613 square feet of warehouse space; total area of the new facility will be nearly 85,000 square feet
- Exports and imports transferred in Guadalajara, according to the Mexico Institute of Transportation, stands at 90,000 tons every year
- The newly-opened FedEx hub in San Luis Potos covers more than 22,000 square feet and has the capacity to process 6,000 shipments per hour
- The new San Luis Potos facility is 100 percent automated
- San Luis Potos features 18 truck docks with hydraulic platforms, 550 square feet of automated roller bed system and nearly 230 square feet of gravity roller bed for package sorting
- Juan Cento: “Mexico is leading our business growth in the region…express shipping market in Mexico projected to grow to $1.5 billion in the next 10 years"
To read more about the service enhancements visit: news.fedex.com
* Required fields
About This Blogger
Other Posts by
- FedEx and Safe Kids Worldwide Volunteer Spotlight
- January 12, 2015 - 3:14 pm
- FedEx and EMBARQ Mexico: The napkin plan
- January 5, 2015 - 9:27 am
- FedEx and Safe Kids: Saving Kids’ Lives in Thailand
- December 30, 2014 - 8:53 am
- Overcoming Transportation Needs in India: FedEx Team Members Help Improve the Chennai Public Bus System
- December 8, 2014 - 11:26 am