Brain Food for Hungry Kids
Have you ever thought about what a hungry child does over the weekends when she isn't at school to receive Title 1-funded breakfast and lunch? Unfortunately, hunger doesn't disappear over the weekend. Can you imagine how long those weekends must be? How can we possibly expect her to make good grades if she is missing meals? Recently, a story ran on the San Francisco/Oakland CBS affiliate about a great FedEx Backpack program in connection with the Alameda County Food Bank to deliver bags of food to students on Fridays so they'll have nutritious food over the weekend.
Express driver Benny Castaneda is featured as he makes deliveries for the Food Bank to Oakland-area schools. This effort is just one of many food bank projects that our FedEx family supports across the country. From turkey drives to summertime food collections, FedEx team members go all out to make sure hungry children and adults in their communities have food to eat. Thanks to Benny and the other FedEx volunteers in Oakland and to all of our employees worldwide who deliver to those in need!
* Required fields
About This Blogger
Other Posts by
- Super Bowl Lemonade Stand Makes a Splash!
- February 11, 2013 - 7:14 am
- An Interview with Rick Smolan, creator of THE HUMAN FACE OF BIG DATA
- December 4, 2012 - 11:01 am
- FedEx Among Companies Recognized by NYSE for Hurricane Sandy Relief Support
- November 9, 2012 - 10:40 am
- Thanks For Going From Here to There
- September 25, 2012 - 12:51 pm