When is a Table Not Just a Table?
If it happens to be the one Vincent Van Gogh dined on every day in backroom of Auberge Ravoux where he lived in the attic during the last months of his life. Tucked away in a village now a suburb of Paris, the museum dedicated to his memory has become a touchstone for over a century of fans who make their way to Auvers sur Oise. It is a precious historic item for the French, whose self image is steeped in the brilliance of contributions of artists.
We have talked about other special deliveries on the Citizenship blog, but this is the most artisitc. On Monday, FedEx Express announced it had transported the world famous Van Gogh Table from the Auberge Ravoux in Auvers-sur-Oise, France, to the Grand Hotel Les Trois Rois in Basel, Switzerland, on July 16 to coincide with an exhibition of the artist’s work in the city.
* Required fields
About This Blogger
Other Posts by
- 2014 Ground Entrepreneurs of the Year
- October 21, 2014 - 1:36 pm
- FedEx Helps Celebrate Panda Bao Bao’s First Birthday
- September 22, 2014 - 9:44 am
- Empowering Children to become Road Safety Advocates
- September 3, 2014 - 1:11 pm
- Innovation: The Key to Entrepreneurial Success
- September 3, 2014 - 10:21 am