FedEx Delivers Meals to Homebound Seniors
FedEx Feeds volunteers around the country are stepping up to feed the hungry during National Hunger Action Month. FedEx IT and FedEx Solutions team members in Memphis are doing their part by making weekly meal deliveries to homebound seniors by volunteering for MIFA (Metropolitan Inter-Faith Association).
MIFA Meals delivers over 2,400 hot nutritious lunches to seniors’ homes and congregate sites each weekday. Not only does each meal provide the senior with at least 1/3 of the U.S. daily dietary requirement, but it also delivers daily contact and access to the outside world. MIFA Meals and other Meals on Wheels programs often mean the difference between a senior being able to continue living in their home or being forced to move to an assisted living facility. Check out this video to see how these FedEx volunteers are making a difference.
* Required fields
About This Blogger
Other Posts by Paula Bosler
- Courier Catches the Social Spotlight After Customer Care Caught on Video
- September 26, 2014 - 3:09 pm
- Hunger Relief: Focusing on a Solution
- September 15, 2014 - 1:00 am
- Delivering the Holidays, FedEx Style
- November 19, 2013 - 11:00 am
- Saying goodbye to the 727 aircraft
- June 20, 2013 - 2:54 pm